History

Maxwell_House_front_webWestern Justice Center (WJC) was started in 1987 by a group of judges, lawyers and civic leaders led by a member of  the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, the Honorable Dorothy W. Nelson.  They believed that it was essential to find innovative ways to handle conflict and disputes without involving litigation or the legal system.

The founders envisioned an organization that would promote collaboration, research, legal education, alternative forms of dispute resolution, and justice reform. 

More than two decades later, WJC is engaged in non-partisan, non-ideological efforts to test approaches and provide education on conflict resolution, mediation and peace-building.

 
©2011 Western Justice Center Foundation, 55 South Grand Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91105-1602
Sitemap  •  Privacy Policy  •  Website by HT Group Inc.